I have added the last part, which is live-action into my animation and basically it’s the part where my character stunts up and walks toward the camera. The next task for me is to record the sound/narration combine it with my animation.
After editing and re-editing my animation I have managed to have the length needed for each part so that my narration will fits best with my animation. At the end I have also added the live action part where my character writes the phrase ” I have schizophrenia”. However, I have not put the last live action part yet where my character stands up and walks towards the camera. So far my animation looks good and very closed to what I had in mind when I started doing it.
In the gif below I have added the part where my character erases the phrase “I am mad”. In terms of skills, this part was the biggest challenge for me so far as I had to work on the shade that changes depending of the movement of the hand.
After doing some important parts of the animation, I have decided to start shading the whole piece mainly with shades of grey. I really like the results and I believe that my decision to exclude the rest of the colours serves best to create a dark, creepy and mysterious atmosphere which I wanted to have in my animation.
The work goes on, adding the part where my character writes some phrases on a piece of parchment. In the second gif below I have added shading in a part trying to experiment and check how it looks with the shade on.
During a tutorial meeting with Deborah, it was pointed out that the zooming was quite orientating and confusing for the audience and therefore I have changed the style in zooming.
The gifs below show the progression in the early stages from frames 13 to 131, which consists of movement, zoom and shading. The original video is removed after the rotoscoping which leaves a clear and strong outline for the animation.
So, this is the video (in its’ original and final form) which I have made to use as the base for my rotoscoped animation. The reason why I will not use the video I have recorded earlier (in the previous post) is because I wanted to change a few things and decided to make a new one.